2021 Dec 28
Chicken String Hopper Biriyani | Cooking With Aunty DThere are 2 dishes us Sri Lankans love more than anything else: String Hoppers and Biriyani!
Now, what if we told you that Aunty D has prepared something special for you? Today, Aunty D presents the delicious goodness of both String Hoppers and Biriyani - Talk about the best of both worlds!
To learn how you can make Aunty D’s Chicken String Hopper Biriyani, watch the full recipe!
Chicken 500 g
Ginger + Garlic 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder 3/4 tsp
Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
Cumin Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Curry Powder 1 tsp
Yoghurt 1 nos
Oil 1 tsp
Big Onion 1 medium
Green Chilli 4 nos
Tomato 2 nos
Water 1 cup
String Hoppers 30 nos
1. Begin marinating your chicken by adding ginger + garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt, curry powder and yoghurt to a bowl of chopped chicken.
2. Mix well until all spices are combined to the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. In a pot, saute some chopped onions and green chilli for a few minutes.
4. Add the marinated chicken, chopped tomatoes and cook and continue to mix.
5. Proceed to add water and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Next, drizzle some coriander leaves and proceed to add the string hoppers in.
7. Give it a good mix and serve!
Aunty D. is a full-time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings ton you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!