2017 Feb 27
Beer Aappa? Sounds Interesting doesn’t it? Here’s how you make it!
- White raw rice 500 g
- Beer 2 cups
- Thick coconut milk 2 cups
- Sugar 1 1/2 tbsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Small red onions 20
- Maldive fish 3 tbsp
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp
- Lime juice 1 1/2 tsp
- Chilli flakes 3 tbsp
Beer Aappa Method:
- Mix white raw rice flour with sugar and beer. Knead the mixture to the right texture.
- Keep aside for 6-8 hours for fermentation.
- Add thick coconut milk and salt.
- Heat the hopper pan and add the correct amount of mixture and make hoppers as seen in the video.
- Add salt, chilli flakes, maldive fish and grind.
- Then add small red onions and grind well.
- Mix in lime juice and serve.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!