2017 May 17
In honour of World Baking Day, here’s a delicious cake with a Sri Lankan twist! Coffee cake is definitely long-loved and highly demanded by us Sri Lankans and for good cause!
Try your hand at this yummy delicacy and let us know how you fared.
- Self-rising Flour 250g (all purpose flour + 2 tsp baking powder)
- Eggs 4
- Sugar 250g
- Margarine 250g
- Milk 1/8 cup + Nescafe 2 tsp
- Nescafe 2 tsp
- Vanilla 2 tsp
- Beat butter and sugar until sugar dissolves
- Add eggs one by one and beat continuously
- Add vanilla
- Mix Nescafe with milk and then add to the batter
- When you finish beating the mixture, add self-rising flour and fold (don’t use the mixer)
- Preheat the oven
- Bake 180C° for 30 – 35 minutes
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!