2017 Apr 5
With avurudu literally a week away, why not make some delicious helapa!
- Coconut Treacle 1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Desiccated Coconut 2 cups
- Water 1/2 cup
- Kurakkan Flour 500g
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Kenda Leaves 15 nos.
- Add Coconut treacle, sugar, coconut and water to a pan and cook for 8-10 minutes to make pani pol.
- Remove from heat when it is wet (don’t cook until its sticky).
- Add kurakkan flour and salt. Mix well and make a paste.
- Take washed kanda leaf and spread kurakkan paste on the leaf, cover the paste from the other half of the leaf and steam for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy it with a hot cuppa tea!
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!