2016 Dec 22
Cooking with Aunty D.
Here’s how you can make some Christmas themed yummy Santa cakes! Get baking!
- Lurpak Butter 125 g
- Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa (melted) 175 g
- Ginger marmalade 100 g
- Brown sugar 100 g
- Eggs (yolks and whites seperated) 3
- Ground almonds 40 g
- Spice mix 1 tsp
For the icing:
- Egg white 1
- Icing sugar 160 g
- A little lemon juice
- Strawberries (to decorate)
- Melt Lurpak butter and Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks, marmalade and brown sugar. Add chocolate mixture.
- Add almonds and spice mix.
- Whisk egg whites and gently fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into small greased tins and bake at 170°C for 12-15 minutes.
Method for icing:
- Combine egg white, icing sugar and lemon juice. Mix with electric beater for 5 minutes.
- To finish, pipe some icing on the cooled cakes. Top with a strawberry as a hat and pipe the Santa beard and tip on the hat.
Aunty D. is a full time mom working a little magic in the kitchen whenever she’s got time on her hands. She brings to you easy and fast recipes with a twist of Sri Lankan spices and cooking techniques. Get Cooking!